Cold Brew Coffee

I am always in the mood to try new coffee techniques, and I saw this article on Facebook by Food 52 and tried it earlier this week. I thought it was super yummy, so smooth (this could also be from the local, fresh coffee beans) and Jacob said it didn't even taste like coffee. I put heavy cream in it the next day but regret it because it took away from the pure flavor of the coffee. I also didn't have any cinnamon so I added a little nutmeg instead.

Magical Coffee Recipe

Serves: 2-4

Time: 5 hours or overnight

Ingredients:
Coffee Base
     2/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
     3 cups water
     1 teaspoon cinnamon
     3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
The Finished Drink
     milk, half and half, or cream
    ice

Steps:

  1. Put ingredients in a quart jar and stir.
  2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  3. Pour the coffee base through a sieve or strainer into a bowl, then strain back into jar for easy storage.
  4. For each drink: Fill a tall glass halfway with ice. Pour in coffee until glass is about 3/4 full, and add milk/half and half/cream to taste.
DRINK

Comments

Popular Posts