Zoodles and chicken

Believe it or not,I  was feeling uninspired before the insanity struck that brought you fresh Naan AND baguettes in the same week. 🤯
The meal that made me remember cooking is still great even though I'm doing it Every. Single. Day. In this quarentine happens to be one of my very own.
This beauty is zoodles with fresh sauce and panko crusted chicken. 

 •The Sauce•
Super easy. I chop up and sautee my veggies of choice. I mix fresh and canned tomatoes because they bring slightly different texture and depth of flavor on my opinion. I use lots of salt as well of a splash of acidity.
•The Zoodles•
I've had zoodles a million ways. Baked, nuked, wok-ified, pan fried. I find they get so soggy SO easily. This time, I tried a method where I threw them in the frying pan that was super hot, quickly tossed them, and then let my hot, fresh sauce do the rest of the warming. The  noodles turned out crunchy enough, but not so grainy, as completely raw. I will definitely do my zoodles this way from now on. 
•The Chicken•
I love using coconut oil to coat my pan. It's not smelly like other oils and doesn't burn as fast as olive oil. I don't like anything that's saturated with oil so I use only about a tablespoon in the bottom of my skillet. Panko+ garlic salt is my latest combo for crusting.

Ingredients
1tbs coconut oil
1lb chicken breasts halved (horizontally)
1 egg+ 1tbs water
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbs garlic salt
3 zucchini
2 garlic cloves
1/2 small onion
Handful of grape tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs sugar
Italian seasoning
Salt
For the sauce I chop the garlic and onion and let it saute for a bout 5 minutes. Next I cut the grape tomatoes in half and throw them in, lowering the heat. I let that summer for another 5, then I add the diced tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt , and seasoning. I let this summer for about 15-20 minutes.

While that's simmering, I heat my cast iron to medium with the coconut oil inside. I mix up the egg and water, dunk my chicken and then press it into a bowl with the garlic salt and  Panko combined. I cook my chicken about 4 minutes on each side or until the temp is 165. Sometimes the cast iron gets too hot so keep an eye on it as not to burn the breadcrumbs.

Meanwhile, I spiralize my zucchini with my kitchen aid attachment. There are lots of great resources for alternative ways to spiralize with out the attachment.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/how-to-make-zucchini-noodles-with-or-without-a-spiralizer/

Once my chicken is finished, I turn my skillet up to high and I flash pan fry my zoodles. Just a quick toss in the hot pan.

Plate up, cover with sauce, fresh parmesan, and your chicken!
Cheers! 👌

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts