Drunken Noodles

(Thai)Drunken Noodles by Faith


This was so yummy ( I made it twice in the last few weeks) and very easy to make. Another recipe from Pinterest. 








Listed below are the 18 ingredients: 

1. 1 Chicken breast, large
2. 2 Carrots
3. 3 large cloves Garlic
4. 1/2 tsp Ginger, fresh
5. 1 Green bell pepper
6. 2 Green onions
7. 1 Roma tomatoes
8. 2 Shallots
9. 1 cup Thai holy basil, fresh
10. Zucchini
11.2 tsp Fish sauce
12. 3 tbsp Oyster sauce
13. 1/3 cup Soy sauce, low sodium
14.8 oz Wide rice noodles
15. 2 tsp Brown sugar
16. 1 tsp Thai red chili paste
17. 2 tbsp Sesame oil
18.2 tbsp Water


Instructions
Serves 4
Takes 30 Minutes

First step: I actually used egg noodles because I had those on hand. The first step is to make these, according to package instructions, and set aside. 


Second Step: Prepare the sauce. Set aside. The ingredients are the 3 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 Tbsp water, and 1 Teaspoon Thai red chili paste. 

Third Step: Get your skillet( or wok) and add 1 Tablespoon of oil. I added the shallots and carrot, and cooked for a few minuets. Then I added the chicken. I used chicken thighs, cut up in chunks oiled, salted,peppered. Then add the garlic and ginger( I used ground ginger). The recipe advised to cook for ten seconds once the garlic and ginger were added, and to add oil when needed. Next add green pepper, zucchini, tomato, and the whites of the chopped green onion. These are all to be chopped thinly and the recipe advises to cook for two minuets. 

Fourth Step: I added the noodles and the sauce to the veggies in the skillet. Once everything was together, I tossed and cooked over medium heat for a few minuets. Then I removed from heat. The basil was supposed to be added here, however, I did not find basil at the store.

Fifth Step: Eat! This is another recipe that you can make your own. For instance, adding different vegetables, or another protein. The second time I made this I made it vegetarian and had rice noodles this time. The rice noodles I prefer over the egg noodles, I think they soak up more of the dish. In future I would make sure to chop everything up very thinly for the short amount of cook time it requires, or to cook the protein separately, because the limited cook time is to make the dish as fresh as possible. I would also try different ingredients, like different veggies. The sauce is what makes this dish really good though and that I wouldn't change. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts